Welcome to Kingston UNISON Local Government Branch
UNISON is the leading trade union for staff employed by Kingston local authority and is the largest public service employees union in the country with 1.4 million members nationwide. Our branch has two full time members of staff and is your friend at work. We are here to provide support and advice to our members. We represent all staff, whatever their role, from receptionists to social workers; teaching assistants to finance staff; premises officers to those who work in housing. UNISON monitor pay and conditions across the sector so that our members benefit from up to date information with the best practices in employment.
UNISON is a positive influence within the workplace and by maintaining relationships with decision makers, we are able to negotiate and lobby on your behalf on employment issues, such as health and safety, equality and discrimination. To find out more about what UNISON can do for you, click here.
Top 10 - Reasons to Join
- Unrivalled protection, support and representation at work
- Confidential welfare services
- Excellent legal services
- Help with working conditions and equal pay
- You're less likely to be sacked
- Help and Advice Hotline - UNISONdirect
- Cash benefits and better compensation for accidents & injuries at work
- Financial assistance and debt advice in times of need
- Education and Training advice & courses, leading to vocational & professional qualifications
- A range of exclusive member discounts that can save you and your family money when you are shopping , buying insurance or looking for a holiday
Find out more on Membership
Join UNISON Today